Thursday, January 7, 2016

Apartment Decor Ideas & Inspiration

It may be too far away for me to be excited about, but I'm moving into my first apartment this August for my sophomore year of college! *fireworks go off*

I'm rooming with my best friend and another friend so I'm beyond excited! My own space, no community bathrooms, no expensive meal plan...and I get to decorate it, of course!
It's been tempting to start shopping for the apartment, but I've held back to just pinning things for the moment!

But, today I decided to share some of my favorite apartment decor tricks and ideas that I've pinned! Two of these could work for a dorm, too!

1. Use a Bar Cart as Decor

Believe it or not, a bar cart's only use isn't just a bar cart! You can turn it into unique and pretty storage/shelving!


All you need is spray paint (make SURE it's Rust-oleum so the metal doesn't rust over time!) and cute stuff to adorn your car with!
Some awesome things you could include on your cart are jewelry, makeup, shoes, books, stationary, or just cute little knick-knacks! You could also make this cart more functional and use it to store electronics or even move it into the kitchen and use it for it's original purpose!

2. Revamp your Side Table

My apartment will come with side tables already, which may be a plus, but I really wanted to try this DIY! To you ladies that won't have to worry about not getting your security deposit back, This DIY is genius! 
All you need for this one is white paint (optional) and marble contact paper 
3. A Mirror Tray

All you need for this one is a small mirror! If you don't have a mirror try or can't find one, a small round mirror is perfect for making a lovely tray for all your pretty things. This trick will make your space look more expensive, but on a dime.

Thank you for reading!

2 comments: