Sunday, January 24, 2016

My Blogger Inspirations + A Message


Like pretty much every fashion blogger, I was inspired to create my own blog by reading other blogs. Seeing other girls like me expressing their style through fashion and sharing their passion with the world definitely inspired me and still inspires me!
For today's post, I'm sharing three my favorite bloggers. They not only have great style, but are great writers and very inspirational to my journey as a blogger and inspire me to keep dreaming big.


1. Wesley from Have a Wesley Day

This lovely lady and fellow Alabamian was the number one inspiration for me to start my blog. Not only does she have the most adorable, classy style and gorgeous photos, but she's a fantastic writer and super smart! Pretty much every post she makes gives me an awesome piece of advice that really resonates with me. Her posts always give me a ton of encouragement to keep following my dreams and shooting for the moon.


2. Caitlin from Southern Curls & Pearls

Ever since I discovered this blog, I have been practically obsessed with it! Her posts are my go-to for fashion inspiration and adding new items to my ever-expanding wishlist. Her outfits are easy to recreate and perfect for the everyday fashionista. It's also really cool to read her older posts and see how far her blog has come since then. And her hair is #goals, of course.


3. Morgan from Mostly Morgan 
When I need help on improving my blog and making it awesome, I turn to Morgan, the boss-lady from Mostly Morgan. She's gives the best advice on everything from school to blogging to life in general. This blog probably wouldn't exist without her!



These three ladies, as I have said many times throughout the post, are huge inspirations not only for my blogging, but for life in general. They inspire me to never give up and keep following my dreams. But while the encouragement from these awesome women is a huge driving force, it's up to me to forge my own path to success.

When it comes to blogging, there are two major issues I often face: comparison and caring too much about what others think.

Sometimes it's hard to not compare your level of success and achievement with others'--trust me, I know. It can be a struggle to not get envious when you see someone living what seems to be the dream life, not just when it comes to blogging, but pretty much anything in life. But comparison will kill you. We all come from different circumstances and have different stories. And our paths to success are all different, as a result. It's easy to feel hopeless and give up on your dreams, but it's rewarding to do the opposite. When life gives you every reason to give up, show life who's boss. Keep working hard. Keep following your dreams. And the reward will be that much sweeter in the end.
Another challenge I face as a blogger is caring about what others think. Being a fashion blogger is a fair bit of work no matter where you live, but....I live in Alabama. Now don't get me wrong, I love Alabama and it will always be my home. But it's safe to say that it wouldn't be considered the most fashionable state. There aren't many fashion bloggers and as a result, there are very few resources and  local opportunities for us here, even in my hometown, Birmingham. And to be honest, I don't feel like any kind of "creative" career path is taken seriously sometimes, especially where I live now, in rural Alabama. I shouldn't have to feel embarrassed when telling people I'm majoring in fashion merchandising or dressing up to roam around town when everyone else is wearing jeans and a t-shirt. But then I think to myself, "I should be proud to stand out." And it's true! You can be yourself and do what makes you happy no matter where life puts you. And why not be a flamingo in a flock of pigeons? (Or however the saying goes...)

*drops mic*

Who are you inspirations? What's your favorite bit of advice?
Be sure to check out these awesome ladies and have a blessed Sunday!



2 comments: