Saturday, January 2, 2016

Sweet {20}16 + New Year's Resolutions






 Sweater: Forever 21 {love this one} / / Vest: J. Crew Factory / / Jeans: Hollister / / Boots: MIA {similar} / / Earrings: Claire's {similar}
Rings: Charming charlie / / Bracelet: Charming charlie / / Lips: the Balm Meet Matt(e) Hughes in "Commited"
Nails: Essie "Fiji"

Happy {belated} New Year! 
So, I finally got to take my pictures with something other than my iPhone! Yay! My boyfriend's mom kindly lent her Canon EOS Rebel T5 and it takes great photos, even with the stock lenses!

But on another note, this was the outfit that I wore for New Year's Eve. I never really go to formal New Year's Eve parties, so I usually dress pretty casually, but I do like to incorporate some sparkle for the occasion. That's pretty much a requirement, right? This sweater from Forever 21 has been lurking in my closet for a while, unworn for some reason, and I thought it was perfect for a more casual look for NYE. Also, this J. Crew vest is actually a men's extra-small...and it was on clearance for $16! { All sale items are an additional 40% with the code "HEY2016" at factory.jcrew.comSo I just couldn't pass it up. I added these pink J. Crew-inspired earrings from Claire's for a pop of color and kept it simple with the jewelry-some dainty rings and a gold tassel cuff.

New Year's Resolutions


2015 was a year of many changes. I started college, started my job, and started my blog.
But I want 2016 to be the year of improvement. I have lots of things going at once right now, but my goal is to do everything to the best of my ability and take everything to the next level. Here are my new year's resolutions:

1. Improve My Blog

I have a lot of goals for my blog this year. I'd like to focus on creating better content, improving my photography, and connect with more bloggers like myself.I'm aiming to fine tune my blog into something organized and consistent and something I can really be proud of and proud to promote!

2. Improve My Health

This is pretty ironic since I just got back from Five Guys, but I want to focus on getting myself more in shape. My diet and exercise habits could definitely use some work. I plan to do more walking and running, visit the gym more, and start eating healthier.

3. Improve My Life

I've had a lot of ups and downs in my life, but it's been a pretty awesome one, too! But I could always use some work being happier, more determined, and less pessimistic. This year, I want to work on never losing sight of my goals and never giving up when the going gets tough.

In closing, I want to thank everyone who has been reading my blog, whether I know you or not, it means a lot to me! I know my blog is only two or three weeks old, but I've already had so much fun playing around with the design, creating posts, and sharing my love of fashion with the world! I created this blog mainly as a way to gain some experience for a future internship or career in the fashion industry, but it has become an awesome project/hobby at the same time.

What are your New Year's resolutions? Tell me in the comments! 
 Happy Saturday and thank you all!

4 comments: